Thursday, October 25, 2012

Candy Corn!!

I LOVE candy corn!  I become crazy excited when I see it in the stores.  Unfortunately for my waistline, I can eat my weight in it...daily :(

So, to save myself from unwanted pounds...I decided to make some cute decorative ones this year. 



I had some 2 x 4's left over from my Laundry Room Bench and after searching for ideas on Pinterest, I knew I could create something cute!  And quickly!  This project was completed in under two hours, including paint drying time...YAY.

I just kid of eyeballed the shape and size I wanted.  My miter saw was perfect for quick cuts.  My daughter was off of school and wanted to get in on the painting fun.  She did most of the painting for me!  Thanks girlie!!


 


 
I distressed them with sandpaper and added a little stain.  Just to bump up the cuteness factor :0


And I even had enough wood left over to make a little pumpkin to go with them.  I made the stem out of a leftover cut.
  I think they turned out really cute and I love how they look on my buffet!!





Cuteness!!!!

Linking Up With:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment