Saturday, September 8, 2012

LET THERE BE LIGHT!!

My south facing house is dark.  VERY Dark!

We have covered porches on the front and back of the house, so direct sunlight is very hard to come by.  And I had originally decorated with dark colors.  I love chocolate brown and deep red.  So, any and all natural light was being sucked up by our dark paint colors.


I had tested out a lighter color on the right of the office doors...still in the brown family, just much lighter.


See...ummm.  Way.  Too.  Dark.

So, I got a can of paint and my trusty paint roller.  And ta da!!!


 
The first dark pictures were taken during the middle of the day and these updated lighter pics were taken at 9 p.m.!!  And notice how much brighter the room is! 
 
It is crazy how much more light there seems to be in the other rooms of the house too, just by painting the entry way.  Who knew??? Certainly not me!  Or I would have done it sooner.
 
I can't wait to continue to lighten and brighten other areas of the house.  Add moulding to the dining room entry seen in the pic above.  Change out the light fixture to something a tad. bit. bigger.  And DIY some things to decorate this space.
 
But for now, LET THERE BE LIGHT!

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem... only i need a pretty front door makeover to bring in extra light too! love your new color

    ReplyDelete